A Baltimore Police Department's helicopter made an emergency landing in Reedbird Park Friday night after facing technical difficulties, police said.
No one was injured in the landing, which was made as a precautionary measure, according to police spokesman Det. Vernon Davis. No details were immediately available about what caused the incident.
The helicopter was able to fly back to its helipad shortly after making the landing, Davis said.
- Alleged violent drug ring focus of Baltimore court hearing
- Stolen high-end sneakers help lead Baltimore detectives to murder suspect
- Officer shot in West Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Air Transportation Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- Baltimore Police Department
201 Reedbird Ave., Baltimore, MD 21225
The Baltimore police aviation unit, which is known as Foxtrot, got four new helicopters with better surveillance tools last year.